Lilford Park - Ready to Install! Big news! We just finalised our licence and are ready to install our second course in Lilford Park!
2021 BDGA Championships Presented by Disc Golf UK 30th/31st October
Manchester Disc Golf are proud to be the host location for the 2021 BDGA Championships at our flagship course in Longford Park in Stretford, Manchester. This invite-only tournament of national significance will be made up of three rounds plus a final 9, and will be held over Halloween weekend.
Our Tournament Sponsors
About The Event
Event Schedule - Longford Park, Stretford
Please note: This schedule is subject to change
- Dawn - Dusk: Course Open for Practice
- 7pm: Glow Distance & Putting Competitions
- 8am: Players Meeting
- 9am: Round One - Shotgun Start, Groups of 5
- 12pm: Lunch - not provided
- 1.30pm: Round Two - Shotgun Start, Groups of 5
- 4pm: Approximate end of round 2
- 6-9pm: Optional Social Event
Sunday - CLOCKS GO BACK
- 8.30am: Round Three - Shotgun Start, Groups of 5
- 11.30am: Lunch - not provided
- 12:30pm - 1.50pm: Tee-time start final rounds begin for top 5 in each division.
- 4pm: Trophy Presentation
- 4.30pm: Sunset
About the course
Please note: There is a ParkRun on the saturday. There will be ZERO access to the small car-park by the course from 8am onwards. Please be courteous of the runners!
All rounds will take place on our course at Longford Park, Stretford. We are close to being able to install our new course in Leigh but it will not be ready for the tournament.
Parking: Please use the large car park found off of Ryebank Road only. This will get very busy on Saturday Morning as the ParkRun will be using it as well, so please leave extra time to find a space, be prepared to park on the road or take public transport/ride-share to the course
The course layout we will be using is 3 rounds on a modified version of our normal "blue" course. There will be extra OB and mandos to give tighter fairways than we are used to seeing at the park. Please check back on this site to see the course layout when it is published.
We should have access to the Scout Hut to leave personal posessions and use the toilets.
We are unable to offer overnight camping or bedding this year due to COVID concerns. Please find alternative accommodation and do not park camper vans or pitch tents in the car-park/on the course.
Disc Golf UK will be retailing at the event, bring around 1000 discs from your favourite manufacturers and beyond. Their stall will be available during the event to players as well as to spectators.
Further Event Details
Prizes, Payouts and Players Packs
Projected Payouts are published and available here PLEASE NOTE that these are subject to change
- * Added cash for the open divisions courtesy of our sponsors
- * DGUK Keep Basket for MA2, MA3, FA2 and MA40 division winners
- * Generous DGUK voucher payouts for top 33% of players in each am division (see published payouts)
- * Players packs worth £40 for every player thanks in part to the BDGA & Hole One consisting of an event branded disc (DGUK Cipher), event branded tee-shirt and event branded towel
- * The tournament layout maps are now available to download HERE
- * All OB and mandos will be marked on the course with a laminated sign or white paint. The exact location of the paint will override the tee-sign's information.
- * The final 9 holes are available as a map on uDisc, but are: Long 1 (new basket position near hole 17 tee), 3, 4, 5, Blue 6 -> 7 basket, Red 9, 10, 8, 18
- * Playoffs will be required for all places that have a pay-out. The playoff holes will be 1, 18, 10, R9 as a loop until someone wins.
- * Questions about the layout should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask Harry on Facebook
Specific course notes from TD Iain McDougall
- * There is a new OB area on the front of the mound on hole 3
- * Hole 6's basket has been moved around 5m to the right to preserve the grass area
- * Hole 7's wildflower area is not out of bounds
- * There will be no mando on hole 8, but tight OB on LHS instead
- * If you miss the triple mando on 11 you must re-tee or play from previous lie (if you miss on second shot)
- * Hole 12 is an island hole, the drop-zone is the red tee if you miss the island
- * There is a new OB area in the fairway on hole 17